Geo-conquesting is a relatively new idea in mobile advertising that uses location-based mobile advertising to direct consumers toward a specific business when physically in a competitor’s location.
Tracking the physical locations consumers visit can indicate a more committed buying intention compared to following their digital journey. Our technology allows you to identify anonymous prospects and/or target your competitors’ customers and prospects. Our geo-conquesting approach turns anonymous prospects into identifiable leads who can be reached through a range of omni-channel executions such as real-time digital ads, post-visit digital ads and direct mail.
Many rely on geo-fencing technology that uses the location services on a consumer’s mobile device.
There are three main downsides to this approach:
- The consumer must have location services turned on on their mobile device. It also requires them to agree to share their location with a specified app or marketer before a digital ad is served.
- Geo-fencing uses cell phone towers to triangulate the consumers position which limits precise location accuracy due to the nature of triangulation.
- It’s limited to real-time ad serving, which means advertisers can only reach the consumer when they are within the geofenced parameters.
The better approach is to use the patented geo-framing approach to discovering mobile devices within specific geolocations. This approach uses the ad serving data from third-party apps or websites. The consumer must use an app or visit a website that serves third-party ads while on location.
There are several benefits to this approach:
- The ability to target a very specific location correlating latitude and longitude data, which is accurate down to a square meter. This enables marketers to specifically target a store and or parking lot of the competitor’s location without overlapping other businesses. So, if you’re a Ford dealership and you want to target the customers of the Chevrolet dealership, you can specifically geo-frame that dealership building and the parking lot.
- It allows for real-time ad serving while on location.
- It provides the ability to continue digital targeting post-visit to the device as well as other devices connected to a consumer’s home IP network.
- It identifies the consumer’s home address allowing you to leverage direct mail directly into the household.
Imagine your business is a supermarket and you want to identify and target mobile devices at a competitor’s store—how could you? Or you sell pet products and want to target mobile devices at the local dog park? Or a cruise line with mobile devices at the cruise terminal boarding a competitor’s ship?
Creative Solutions can help you identify and target people at your competitor’s location or other specific locations and entice them to purchase from you. Call 302.543.8533 or email us today to explore how we can help you.